“Doin’ the right thing is always the right thing” –Gary Vanderchuck
I love this quote, and have pondered it at length. I have tweeted it for its impact on the surface. However, I’d like to break it down a bit further and invite your thoughts and valuable insights.
“Doin’ the right thing” on the surface seems pretty easy, and basically a “duh”, if this is true, why do so many people choose not to do so? I get the whole, “we live in a fallen world”, so there is going to be bad and evil among us. That is true, but I watch good people, grounded individuals and educated folks, choose to walk on by an opportunity to “do the right thing”.
Here are some of my thoughts as to why this may be:
- I believe many are simply lazy
- Others don’t think their small contribution will matter in the grand scheme of things
- People are too busy to stop and make a difference.
True, I could go on and on, but I would rather challenge you to watch carefully over the next week and attempt to accomplish 2 things:
- Identify where people you observe, choose to do the right thing, or not; and
- Do the right thing, even when you are too busy, or don’t think it will matter.
Will you take the challenge and report back? It could be the “right thing to do”.